Aloo Chutney Wala Potatoes Tossed In Chutney Masala, Potatoes tossed in Chutney Masala commonly known as Aloo Chutney Wala is a very chatpata variation of cooking potatoes. This is a spicy side-dish that goes well with poori, roti, phulkas or rice. Aloo Chutney Wala is a very simple to prepare dish made with boiled potatoes sautéed in a coarse chutney spice mix made with an amalgamation of onion, green chillies, coriander and mint leaves.
The fresh green herbs enhance and intensify the aroma and taste of the dish. Potato is a popular ingredient in most of the world’s cuisine and most kitchens in India. There is no feast or festival without an aloo delicacy. In India, aloo is cooked in a variety of ways, added in making various starters, side-dish, main course etc. Some of the very popular dishes are samosa, dum aloo, aloo paratha, masala dosa, aloo chaat, vada pav etc.
Recipe: Aloo Chutney Wala
- Potatoes, boiled - 250 gms
- Green chillies - 4 nos
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Onion, big - 1 no
- Coriander leaves - 1 bunch
- Mint leaves - 1 bunch
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Turmeric pd - ¼ tsp
- Coriander pd - 1 tsp
- Chilli powder - ½ tsp
- Lime juice - ½ tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and when it gets slightly hot add slit green chillies, chopped onions, salt and sauté well until onions are translucent.
- Add coriander, mint leaves and mix well and cook for few minutes until they become soft.
- Allow this to cool and grind in a blender o make coarse paste.
- Heat oil in a pan; add cumin seeds, ginger garlic paste, turmeric, and salt.
- Add boiled potatoes and toss well. Add coriander powder, chilli powder, green masala paste, mix, cover the pan with a lid and allow cooking for 2-3 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and squeeze lime juice.
- Serve hot with poori, roti, chapatti or rice.
Potatoes are also a major ingredient in making umpteen fast food items, such as aloo chaat, papdi chaat, ragada pattice etc. Kids love eating potato fries and indulge eating French fries, potato wedges etc. Potato is one vegetable that is used in making a variety of street foods. They are easy and fast to cook. They blend well with various aromatic spices. They are also added into various vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes. In making of the Aloo Chutney Wala, the fresh herbs like coriander and mint flavours are the highlight of the dish and give a fantastic aroma and dish to the dish.
On cooking, the flavours get infused into the potatoes and lend a chatpata taste on bite. Do try this dish as it is an excellent variation from making routine potato dishes. Potato as such taste bland but amalgamates well with flavors absorbing into them giving explicit taste which makes our taste buds salivate and urge to eat more. Potato cooked in any form can be eaten with rice, roti, chapatti, phulkas or naan. Do try this recipe and delight your palate with spicy chutney masala flavour.
To try more potato dishes, do click on: www.vahrehvah.com.
My rating: 4 stars: ★★★★☆ 1 review(s)
You could always reach me at my below links:
My Cooking Videos Indian Recipes Indian Food Regional Indian Cuisines VahChef Sanjay Thumma
Enjoy Cooking and always remember that: “VahrehVah is all about inspiring others to cook”!